Has Innocent become not so Innocent?

By on Wednesday, 2nd May 2007 at 4:23 pm

Yesterday Innocent announced that they were going to be running a trial of selling their drinks in McDonalds branches around the north of the UK. My initial reactions was “great! more people are going to buy Innocent, get the word out more”, however I’ve quickly realised that many people are not so happy about it.

The comments section of the entry is on fire with angry people, who feel that Innocent is selling out. “Scottie” commented “What were you thinking of – McJuice, McSmoothie or McDollar?”, and probably about 75% of the commenters are with him, feeling that Innocent have sold out. The other 25% or so are commenting on how brave Innocent are, and how its a risk, but could be for the best in the long run.

Also, its not to be forgotten that this is only a TRIAL not a fully-fledged national roll out.

For me, I think its just the next step in their national expansion. Innocent want to expand, want to get their message out and get healthy drinks to the nation. To me, Innocent in McDonalds is no different to Innocent in Tescos to me, ethically. Yes, neither company has the most perfect ethics, but Innocent is a company that wants to, and needs to improve its market share, and if selling in MaccyD’s is the way forward, then so be it as far as I’m concerned.

Tags: , ,

3 Responses

4:38 pm
2nd May 2007

Here here. Well said. Glad I visited this site. Thanks.

[…] turning out to be a bit of a chore for them – depending on how they are going about tracking all the mentions of them […]

6:46 pm
21st May 2007

Completely agree – if the healthy foods aren’t out there and eaily accessable, then they won’t be consumed. Innocent have to get the message across!!

Leave Your Response

* Name, Email, Comment are Required

About Us

There Goes The Fear is where we tell you about the latest music, gigs, and tours we love and think you should too.

We love music that has its heart on its sleeve, tells a story, swims around our head all day or makes us dance like no-one's watching.

TGTF was edited by Mary Chang, based in Washington, DC.

All MP3s are posted with the permission of the artists or their representatives and are for sampling only. Like the music? Buy it.

RSS Feed   RSS Feed  

Learn More About Us

Privacy Policy

Keep TGTF online for years to come!
Donate here.